University of Minnesota Earns Top Scores in Organic Land Grant Assessment!
The University of Minnesota received a top rating in the Organic Farming Research Foundation’s recently released report, 2012 Organic Land Grant Assessment.
A point was given for each of the following attributes:
1. Certified organic research or student farm ground
2. Organic experiment station ground
3. A student organic or “sustainable” farm—a training site
4. An organic major, minor or certificate program
5. An organic course of any kind
6. A dedicated organic staff or faculty person
7. Organic Extension resources
8. An annual organic field day
The University of Minnesota received a point in all eight categories - only one of six land grants in the country to do so!
Tagged agriculture, Cornercopia, Faculty, food, Food and Agriculture, general, Graduate, organic, research, research university, Student Organic Farm, sustainability, Undergraduate, University of Minnesota