Internship with the Nature Conservancy
Interested in helping the Nature Conservancy to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people? Right now they are looking for a Volunteer Conservation Intern!
The internships responsibilities include compiling information for each preserve within the tri-state area (MN, SD & ND), working with preserve managers and data managers to ensure that each preserve is included in a management plan that meets Conservancy standards, conducting interviews with the appropriate field staff, researching existing management documents, working with the Conservation Land System database, and gaining an understanding of relevant Conservancy Standard Operating Procedures.
- At least two years undergraduate work at a college or university completed.
- Academic emphasis on natural resource management, environment sciences or a related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with databases preferred.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
- Flexible time frame and work hours.
- Final Product: satisfactory proof that every preserve is accounted for in a management plan that meets Conservancy standards
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume (email preferred) no later than September 4, 2012 to:
Assistant Chapter Director
The Nature Conservancy
1101 West River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55415