Public Interest Design Week – March 19-24
“Next month, March 19-24, the College of Design will host a first-of-its-kind Public Interest Design Week, featuring people and groups from around the world working at the intersection of design and service. A current schedule of the line-up and a link to register can be found online at www.publicinterestdesign.
#PIDWeek will feature conversations and workshops on topics ranging from media and storytelling skills, to affordable housing and community development. The week will include the 13th annual Structures for Inclusion conference, the Public Interest Design Institute, SEED Awards, Iconothon and feature, among others:
- Michael Kimmelman, Architecture Critic, The New York Times
- William Kwamkwamba, Inventor & Author, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
- Krista Donaldson, PhD, CEO, D-Rev: Design Revolution
- Bryan Bell, Design Corps
- Liz Ogbu, Scholar in Residence, CCA Center for Art & Public Life
- John Cary, PublicInterestDesign.org
*FREE registration for U of M Faculty, Staff & Students – but all events require registration.
To receive this free offer, enter UMNFaculty, UMNStaff or
Be sure to check it out; it’s sure to be a great event for those interested in sustainability!