The Leaders Program is a leadership accelerator within the Institute on the Environment at the University of Minnesota. The Leaders Program develops demonstrated undergraduate leaders into real world change makers committed to solutions focused leadership.
The ideal IonE Leader candidate has impactful environmental leadership experience, shows a passion for environmental change, and has a strong academic track record. Participants can expect an open and accepting cohort experience to reflect on, practice and improve their leadership. Through workshops, cohort meetings, and mentorship participants will gain valuable hard skills, cultivate solutions-oriented soft skills, and grow a professional network.
Interested? Apply here. Applications are due October 12th.
2014-2015 Focus themes: equity and reciprocity
- How can we use lenses of equity, reciprocity, justice, and diversity to define and think about sustainability?
- How can we bring together science, creativity, art, healing practices, and diverse ways of knowing in communication to make sustainability more interdisciplinary and inclusive?
- How do these versions of sustainability fit into the big picture governance and policy frameworks?
Cohort Learning and Action
- Kick Off Workshop (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED): November 8, 2014
- Create change agent alumni piece for Sustainability Education website
- Sustainability Symposium (Leaders present creative work): Spring 2014
- Participate in Earth Day (April 22)
- Present 1 of 4 Sustainability Film Series Films
- Work towards AASHE Minneapolis 2015 Student Action Plan
Amp up your sustainability know-how by participating in
- Once-a-month Leaders meeting/field trip (First Thursday of every month)
- Food Day (October 24th, 2014)
- At least 1 Frontier in the Environment Lecture Series (Wednesday @ 12)
- Sustainability Film Series Events
- Student Engagement Leadership Forum (SELF) Sustain (Spring 2015)
- May Celebration at Eric Sannerud Family Farm, Sandbox (Ham Lake)
Applications for the 2014-2015 class of IonE Leaders are open now, Apply here.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com